Saturday, October 17, 2015

so, I bought a little adobe house


in the riparian zone of the Ojo Caliente River

in northern New Mexico


a couple miles south of the Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort

we have been looking for awhile now for that place
to get away from Florida for short periods and
I have been drawn back to New Mexico again and again

I love a contrast -

 the tropical Florida to arid New Mexico
Florida is sea level, northern New Mexico 6,000 + feet



the contrast of the brown and the green
at the edges of Albuquerque flying in


it was the last day of the balloon festival


I stayed in an adorable Airbnb casita in sw Albuquerque
that old friends of mine built




beautiful walkway and sitting area



sweet kitchen

sweet stove


with the added delight of seeing another old friends art

next morning - north


in my new little - old - white truck


this is just before Santa Fe
heading to Rio Arriba
and my little casita in Espanola


on the edge of the bosque
a sweet little walk


down a dry creek bed


to the might Rio Grande 



my brother came though on his way home to Florida from Wyoming


where he was a golf pro for the summer


it was fun showing him the "new" house

and since the house is not really livable.....yet

 I am moving to a rental in Abiquiu for a month
where I will keep you posted on the progress of this adventure


xxoo











2 comments:

  1. My first read of the morning...your newest adventure...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story. Great having you in NM too.

    ReplyDelete