Friday, March 15, 2019

DEATH


January 2019 - let's catch up.....



my son died..... 


I want to share my journey
as it may help others,
as their stories have helped me



and because 



but
 maybe this is what death looks like

light at the end...
this was one of Cam's photos

he loved graffiti



and abandoned buildings

he liked the old abandoned navy base


along the Industrial Canal and the Mississippi River
in New Orleans 



he said he and his friends would sit on the roof


for the sunrise 



  he took me to this place
me being an old teacher and all


and he loved New Orleans



last time I was there
his friends and I walked the levy along the canal 

and spread some of his ashes




 I left New Orleans the next morning 

it was a glorious sunrise





and I feel this is him now
off on a new adventure




and this is me.....


grief/ɡrēf/
noun
  1. deep sorrow, especially that caused by someone's death.


    synonyms:sorrowmiserysadnessanguishpaindistressagonytormentafflictionsufferingheartacheheartbreak, broken-heartedness, heaviness of heart, woedesolationdespondencydejectiondespairangstmortificationMore

  2. a noun? 
  3. it seems more like a verb to me 
  4.  ......

2 comments:

  1. Hauntingly beautiful. Elegant work, Deborah. I am with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want so much to have the right words to say to you, words that would be helpful or comforting. But everyone experiences things differently. You are fortunate to have a wide circle of friends. Someone will have the words that you find comforting.

    ReplyDelete